Return Home About the band Wise Words Read our minds Share your thouhgts Snag our music Some other great sites
Welcome to Shadow Screamers

Forget all those reality TV shows,  here, online, you can gaze into the life of musicians...
Search the band comments:
Text to find Month Year
Viewing messages 3541 to 3547 of 3547
Click these arrows to see the past messages

Click here to make YOUR COMMENTS    |    View fan comments

Jon
April 14, 2003, 6:42 pm
   ----
Hey Jason way to tell it like it is great job.Today we received an e-mail from Fiddler Records in LA. They want a promo kit and CD to review. After sending out hundreds over the years its hard to get to excited but at least they responded to our e-mail most dont.The ones that usually are'nt going to tell you what you want to hear but then again they must all be wrong or I am crazy.

Shawn
April 14, 2003, 6:38 pm
   ----
The waiting is the hardest part Everyone thinks you write a song, make a CD and then boom, you're on MTV. For the 2 percent of people with a lot of connections or cash to spend that maybe true but for the rest of us what may seem like an overnight success is a long hard road. Right now, as a band, we're driving down that road, with maybe a quarter tank of gas, no gasa stations in site and no money in our pockets. Our journey is far from over.
Jason
April 13, 2003, 7:41 pm
   ----
It has been a very difficult week; we had one of our students commit suicide this past week. I have been on call all weekend long and going to the school to have the students do artwork and collages so they could be hung up at the funeral home and then at the church. Today were visiting hours; it is so hard for eveyone to make sense of such a tragedy. Luckily the Peer Helpers that I train did an incredible job as usual. I really feel the necessity to get our band on the national level so we can promote the ideas of Peer Helpers, Civil Rights Teams and other peace initiatives. In many ways Lennon was right when he asked us to stop whining and do something. There is so much apathy yet so much pain. Pain is a dual-edged sword; one can either slip into the indulgence of apathy or we can funnel that energy into action/social action for positive change. I say that apathy is indulgent because people in third world countries do not have this luxury-their seeming apathy is more related to a Maslow's scale of just meeting needs. We in America have true apathy tempered by the excess of choice that creates indulgence. We have money,we have time, what do we choose to do? Anyways, I haven't touched my bass in a week but am pumped by the song "Train to Nowhere." As predicted the moderate communities have started to call for Jihad-I worry for the world of the my granchildren. People of the world have every reason for their indignation towards America. Luckily most people realize Bush has not made the best choices-and those that don't should simply stop their lives, sit down and contemplate for a day the world this man is creating, but first read up. Make an informed decision, when you can understand the Middle East, Europe, Russia, etc., perhaps you will realize why the anger! If you don't at that point, I truly feel bad for your lack of foresight(a common problem with the American public whose attention span is short). I am not sure how to work on this song. Perhaps an aggressive percussive stance like Jaco is in order which certainly appeals to me-perhaps more of a lyrical-melodic line in keeping with the Lester Young tradition. Decisions, decisions, the dessert topping of the Bachnalian Muse. Well at any rate I probably won't know until Jon, Sean and I are in the studio and the engineer gives us the go. "Train going nowhere"-sadly prophetic in these times of war and uncertainty-good work Jon.
Jon
April 13, 2003, 7:35 pm
   ----
Can I have a halleluiah for every time you as a struggling musician have heard WHY DON'T YOU JUST DO THIS ON THE WEEKENDS AS A HOBBY.Now that will really get the creative juices flowing wont it!!!!!!!its nice that your efforts are appreciated hahahaha
Jon
April 13, 2003, 9:15 am
   ----
Hey, I was feeling a little ticked off last night after working on the next phase of Train to Nowhere and decided to take it out on my Stratocaster the result is going to be called EMOTIONAL SPEW and it should be on the site later this week. If you like lead guitar check it out.
Jon
April 12, 2003, 6:39 pm
   ----
I would like to thank ART WEISS for putting together an incredible site if you need someone to put a site together he is the man.Check him out at the bottom of the main page and look for more comments on the continuing saga of Shadow Screamers
Art
April 12, 2003, 5:20 pm
   ----
OK, moved over to a new host, since the other one bombed 2x in a month. Set up this area for the band to tell you what's going on!
Viewing messages 3541 to 3547 of 3547
Click these arrows to see the past messages

This site was created and is maintained by The Software Handyman, Inc.