Return Home About the band Wise Words Read our minds Share your thouhgts Snag our music Some other great sites
Welcome to Shadow Screamers

Forget all those reality TV shows,  here, online, you can gaze into the life of musicians...
Search the band comments:
Text to find Month Year
Viewing messages 3521 to 3540 of 3547
Click these arrows to see the past messages

Click here to make YOUR COMMENTS    |    View fan comments

Jon ecaeP
June 17, 2003, 10:58 pm
   ----
I am heading to Maine for a couple of weeks to check in with my bro Jason i.e. the bass player in Shadow Screamers. At the same time Shawn the drummer in Shadow Screamers is going to visit South Florida where I live, coming down from North Carolina where he lives. In case you our did not know we are all living in separate states because of financial reasons(Obviously the music is not paying the bills).Irony can be very cruel and in this case painful because I will not see Shawn thus not being able to blow apart a rehearsal studio (something we have been accused of on occasion)with just a two piece. Dream on White Stripes. At least Jason and me will be able to tear it up.If this sounds to crazy to be true ITS NOT. maybe I will submit the oddities of Shadow Screamers to CBS for a new reality series. What would the title be?(The band that stays alive while living in three different states). Those of you that do download the music and enjoy it please tell a friend because the only thing that keeps us going is that we believe the music and lyrics have a purpose. Just think of the possibilities!!!!!! If the three of us we were together and given the opportunity nobody could touch us

Jon ecaeP
June 11, 2003, 3:54 pm
   ----
Just wanted to share this poem written by Lucienne Despinosse I am privileged to know her: Streams meander obey the path set by the currents and all obstacles. The wind drifts and crisscrosses to keep its flow. As life itself is like a mighty bamboo in the wind that must yield and rebound to meet the sun again.
Jon ecaeP
June 11, 2003, 3:39 pm
   ----
Just sent a package out to Serjical Strike Records. Jason has a good feeling about this. They are interested in the same things we are and they are looking for something different. We have always been labeled as different and outspoken way before the industry allowed bands to open up and say what the hell they want.We have done it all from playing rest homes and V.A. hospitals on Christmas day hoping to bring a ray of happiness to the discarded,countless benefits and tours many organized by the band. This does not glorify the band but these things must be noted, at the same time we will continue to do so and to entertain people from ten to whatever ,wherever. Who knows maybe someday we can unite with other bands and organizations to form a cohesive unit I heard once that there is strength in numbers, sound like a good idea. Check out the song of the week SEE it will give you an idea of where we are coming from.
Yawgmoth
June 5, 2003, 3:33 pm
   ----
First let it be known that I am Jason's eightteen year old son Leif. My uncle Jon has given me access to this band comment page to unleash verbal hell on the ignorant souls that dominate the majority of America's population. Before I press on with my views on the world situation; I will first shower Shadow Screamers with praise. I have been there number one fan since before I could comprehend the meaning of the word 'music'. When I was a baby, I would nap while my father and uncle jammed close by. And sure it's easy to say "oh i'm the number one fan of my relatives band"; and mean not a word of it. But I'm an individual, if I thought they sucked I would tell them they did. I don't bullshit. Period. Shadow Screamers are a very diverse, politicaly charged band. They actually WANT to make a difference in this world. Few bands can claim that. It's a shame that few people get a chance to hear the Shadow Screamers. They'll play pretty much anything. Don't believe me listen to their earlier work(Tired Eyes) than listen to Shadow Screamers' songs. I have heard them even play regge! Maybe the reason is that people can't handle the intellectual stimulant that is the Shadow Screamers' lyrics. That would explain why rap and hip-hop are so insanly popular right now. Anyone can sing about money,cars,drugs and bitches every single song but it seems no one in this modern world has the mental capacity to handle lyrics that actually talks about things that doesn't involve one's self(not to say there are some great rap and hip-hop songs out there;in the past but lesser so in the present).
Jon ecaeP
June 5, 2003, 1:57 pm
   ----
Jason hopefully those that check out the band journal will take the time to read all of your brilliant observations. I was thinking the other day isn't it ironic that in 1989 we were turned down by a major record company because we were to Controversial. I guess because of songs like your masterpiece MOONLIGHT DANCES (WHICH IS A FREE DOWNLOAD) Check Blast From The Past from the MAIN PAGE. Back when girly bands like Motley Crew and all those other forgettables were in vogue. Before Sting,U2,Peter Gabriel, Nervona ,System of a Down and countless others were later allowed to voice their opinion. To think our site has been shut down multiple times recently because of our outspoken voice against the current war. I guess the More Things Change the More They Stay the Same sounds like a good song ooooops it is a song one of ours. Maybe some day it will be heard along with our vast catalog of revolutionary music.
jason
June 4, 2003, 2:50 pm
   ----
Wanted to apologize for the horrible typing and mis-spellings-unfortunately no time to edit.Jon good stuff-I anxiously await the next installment of Train Going Nowhere!!!!Need some sort of summer(late at this point)tour.Looking for activist groups,bands and people to put on the shows to check in.Which reminds me jon,do you remember the time we played at the university in Compton,Ca.?As you remember we pulled into the show(I think on that tour we were raising money for the homeless and to get voters out in support of the Green Party-correct me if this is wrong)and knew that something was horribly wrong.We got out of the van and the President of the student body met us and let us know that a 13 yr.old had been killed the evening before in a convienance store.She was reaching in her backpack for her purse and the store owner shot and killed her(he thought she was going for a gun).Unfortunately this was a catalist for racial tension that had developed between Korean store owners and African-Americans in the community.He was wondering if we should cancel the concert or not.After much deliberation,we went onstage and played amazingly that day.The concert went so well that the president gave us the poster of Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X shaking hands.The caption talks about their seperate perspectives on non-violence.I remeber that day leaving that university and realizing the power of music and art to heal.Sometimes there are no words to convey the feelings behind trauma-sometimes it has to be the expression of the spirit that is the most important at the time.I have equally been amazed as I take part in the Sexual Assault Center's Take Back the Night march every year,the power of the artwork,poetry,and music by survivors.In this regard I was so impressed by Korn's song Daddy as it helps others to speak and at the same time gives the devastating feeling that survivors have experienced.Our music has always been about equality and justice and in regards to this writing an excellant song to refer to is Sean's song,'See'-truly a beautiful work and one that should be heard all through this world of ours.So I contemplate the power of the arts and stand in awe of it's inception,performance and lasting impact.I invite you all to find your own ways to articulate-music,art,poetry are perhaps the most ancient medicine for our sometimes tired souls.
Jon ecaeP
June 3, 2003, 1:47 pm
   ----
I sent this to our local rock station 94.9 Zetatoday. I am holding my breath for a response hahahahahahahahahhahha oops I ran out of breath. Hey Paul ,Ron and Toast, Hate to say it but I find it unsettling that after the fabricated war in Iraq which you embraced and made no negative comments about until now when it is safe. I find it ironic that my bands web site has been shut down more times then I can count because we were expressing our veiws from the onset of the war. I guess Clear channel did the same thing to you.I have children that are growing up in a Big Brother atmosphere my band is doing everything in its power to see that does not happen. I know I will never hear from you but I hope at least I can make you think seriously about the way this Democratic hahaha country is heading. If you do want to check out my bands web site its www.shadowscreamers.com check out the band journal and the music if you take the time to read the logins and listen to the music you will see that we are the best and most insightful unsigned rock band in the country and we will keep fighting under the radar because unlike all the other so called conscious bands looking for a way to gain attention. we have been doing this for years before it was fashionable. And to hell with the consuquences. Jon Whitney www.shadowscreamers.com
jason
June 2, 2003, 8:22 pm

jason
May 31, 2003, 11:54 am
   ----
Another step in developing a true Democracy is for the people to unite,stand up and become activated again.We found that with this recent so-called war that it was not politically correct to buck the government.This had a tendency to centralize people around the wrong issue.Yes it is true that we live in a time of terrorism-actually when you look at history this has been going on for a long,long time-what the world has done was toawaken the slumbering giant.With a scanty knowledge base America attacked and continues to flex it's child like tantrum throughout the world.Our history shows our tendency to violence and aggression-with a cowboy from Texas why wouldn't we blow-up ,and trash an entire culture?I am afraid for how my grandchildren will have to deal in this new world.Meanwhile georgie and folks are controlling and making tons of money through so-called tax reform,oil investements-and trying to make more with the Artic reserve(ever notice he tries to pass these measures when we are distracted by war and Patriotic fervor?).Well I feel it is time to re-solidify environmentalists and peace activists.How shall we do this?A campaign called Peace in Progress(orPIP).oNE OF THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS GROUP IS TO MAKE SURE KING georgie IS NOT RE-ELECTED!!!!pLEASE CHECK BACK ON THIS SITE FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO JOIN and how you can help.Let's work together again it is time to mobilize again for social justice.All for today have a great day-please be a PIP with me -jason
jason
May 30, 2003, 9:14 pm
   ----
What ever happened to the words and memories of Gandhi?It would seem that his approach-ahimsa or non-violence is apparently altogether gone in the screaming wrenching drama of the human condition.Many people feel that it is outdated,whimpy or simply does not work.Indeed others would be brazen enough to say that perhaps this philosophy is to far advanced for this' bloomin' human race'.I contend that non-violence is the only way as we continue on this journey.If you take overpopulation alone,the rats in the cage syndrome has and will continue to have an effect on the vast populations being pro-created.Ahimsa offers the solution via empowerment.If we contend first off that there will be non-violence then how is this bouyed by so many self interested greedy people.Empowerment allows a group or groups to understand themselves first of all(to define oneself is to understand more aptly your needs)and then surmont needs assessment for the individual,community,nation and world.Gandhi did this first by his long train ride through India and listening to the people he then defined the needs of the people BY THE PEOPLE and then with there help set a plan for action.In my last comments this is what I meant by grassroots movements.A true democracy needs to be built by all,from the standpoint of empowerment and needs of all.What happens when you start this momentum,the people cannot help but to feel a sense of belonging,welcome and true empowerment to make meaningful change.Gandhi's example is one to be seriously studied and implemented(it has been before by many-but as of late the voice seems squelched).Where do we musicians fit in?This may be controversial,but I feel it is the duty of all in the spotlight to give.Have we not seen enough over indulgent,insatiable musicians,politicians,artists,etc...?I would like to start a musicians movement called,Musicians for the Preservation and implementation of non-violence.This organization would focus on the most successful tool ever used by a people for self-government-Gandhian principles.This isn't just romantic talk-it works!!!!Several years ago using the Gandhian principles of non-violence and empowerment we launched the Peer Helper program in the school I work at (my day job is a social worker).Using these ideals and having a very diverse group has led our school to the most successful conflict mediation/civil rights team in the state.Why?Studentd bought in to the concept.We now by and large have a very safe school,and there are very,very few fights.Does it take work-OH YEAH-does it help for a better tomarrow-OH YEAH.iN MY LAST COMMENTS i CHALLENGED SYSTEM of a Down and Audislave to contact us.we have many,many ideas that are time tested and that we would love to give to the world-BUT WE HAVE NO PLATFORM-EVERYTHING IN THIS GREEDY MATERIALISTIC CULTURE DEMANDS A PLATFORM HELP US TO FIND IT THROUGH OUR MUSIC.i GAURANTEE we will never be on MTV Cribs.We will and have always been a band in the streets.So help us folks-Gandhi I feel did not live in vain-for a better tomarrow for your childrens,children please lets contemplate and use his theories for the benefit of all-----all for now hope you are all well-jason
Jon ecaeP
May 30, 2003, 7:25 pm
   ----
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago we are changing our web site (PUT TOGETHER BRILLIANTLY BY ART WEISS). It will consist of our maine page with samples of what we have to offer including, all our songs, our band journal, links etc. If you like the samples and want all the songs with everything else then all we ask is that you give us your e-mail address.This does two things. It enables you to download ALL OUR MUSIC and everything else on the site.For us it enables us to document our fan base. If you tell a friend or ten it will double our fan base AT LEAST.This is what the record companies are looking for. Even though we are the BEST UNSIGNED BAND IN AMERICA we still have to prove ourselves to a jaded
Jason
May 26, 2003, 3:05 pm
   ----
Right on Jon!!!!I would like to say that I feel it absolutely necessary that a president start off an inaugural speech with a deep felt apology.We strut and puff out our chests hiding behind a thin veil of so-called Democracy and self righteousness,but we are no Democracy.In definition a Democracy can only be defined by it's weakest members-we the people is not intended to mean rich fat cats skimming the cream from another present from georgie in the form of tax relief.(note the lower case letters for georgie).As I look around this nation I see pitiful school systems,minority populations struggling for crumbs(remember I spend at least a weekend a month at our home reservation)and increasing amounts of hungry,dissinfranchised children on the street.Our apology should start from the foundings of this'white democracy'.So it is appropriate to apologize to our native brothers and sisters,next our African brothers and sisters taken against their will in the slave trade,etc,etc...You see where I am going with this,this speech will take hours fromIran-contra to Leonard Pelletier to Japanese internment camps.Yes we have alot to be sorry for and it is important and right to take full responsibility for our actions.Next if we are going to spout Democracy then we need to really discuss freedom and justice for who(Malcolm X's famous line).He was right and is right -how about starting with grassroots politics-like the Green Party and make sure it does not resemble the centrist flavor they all assume as they reach the presidency.Oh but that's to much work,that would mean the whole damn system would have to come down.As an aside,hey where are you System of a Down-you must be aware of us by now-if not be aware we have many things to discuss and directions to go we need your help with!!!!HELP!!!!Its tough beating it out in the hinterlands not knowing the cute people and those in the know-and what of you Former Rage people----HEEEEELPPPP!We have all your albums for both bands,we have alot to say let's talk.Meanwhile yes Jon we can just disregard all that I have written above.America will soon be lulled again into self-imposed narcolepsy with fourth of july hot dogs and plenty of beer.We will beat our chests and howl behind our flags-as those of our friends that went to war will end up in forgotten VA's or perhaps they will be cut-and those of us in the counseling field will try to help them to the best of our ability.So drink your beer-eat your dogs and watch your reality shows and maybe the forgetting-yes the forgetting will medicate that deep unrest you feel somewhere on the edge of concious thought.
Jon ecaeP
May 23, 2003, 10:02 pm
   ----
I was just watching a movie on Joan Of Arc and guess what we have not advanced as a species since then. We are still judging condemning and persecuting people because of their religious beliefs or if you rightly choose lack of belief. Listen to City Of The Angles it sums up the way Shadow Screamers feels.
ecaeP
May 11, 2003, 8:57 pm
   ----
To whom it may concern. Shadow Screamers is going to change the web site even though we have almost 6000 hits me thinks people are just downloading the music they like or hate and are moving on. Because we are trying to make a living at this and we are giving far more then we are receiving which is nothing, not even a comment on weather you like us or hate us or are indefferent thus the tables must be turned. In the near future we are going to offer one song and if you like it then you can join our street team and support us by telling a friend or twenty.In return you will have full access to our main site and all our music with other perks? I am working out the details but there will be stickers etc. for those that join plus a personal CD of your favorite songs. Tune in for more details as the free music will soon have a price but really. We are just asking for your support.
Jon
May 3, 2003, 10:00 am

Jon
April 30, 2003, 4:18 pm
   ----
Hey, I sent a package out to Fiddler records two weeks ago and have not heard back yet. They cant even return e-mails. It is frustrating when you make the effort but are not even given the courtesy of a response.I guess they are busy with there top acts. I have never heard of the company and probably never will. Or is it our music......... perish the thought Ha Ha
Jon
April 24, 2003, 8:47 pm
   ----
Well its 9:30 pm and I have finally finnishaed all the mundane crap that has to be done during the day so that I can finally work on the music.I am going to start recording the drum tracks for Train To Nowhere. we are also adding a couple of new features on the site so check back in a couple of weeks. If you have any ideas or comments for the web site or just want to tell us to go to hell feel free to use our message board or comments page
Jon
April 17, 2003, 2:10 pm
   ----
Hey if you like lead guitar "Emotional Spew" is now available just click on the Song Of The Week.Its a one take outburst of electric guitar.For me one of the best things about music is that you can release emotions that you would normally suppress.
Jon
April 15, 2003, 2:33 pm
   ----
The most irritating thing about being a strruggling musucian is that you spend ninety percent of your time doing things which have nothing to do with music ie press kits, e-mails, paperwork, working on the computer chasing after gigs I really feel sorry for Miria Carry and so many others when they tell me how hard it is to travel around the word first class with a huge entourage doing interviews and concerts. Talk about not living in reality.
Jon
April 14, 2003, 6:47 pm
   ----
Hey Shawn great to see you on the board excellent reality check
Viewing messages 3521 to 3540 of 3547
Click these arrows to see the past messages

This site was created and is maintained by The Software Handyman, Inc.